Home with Holly



7.12.2006

The Chap



So, myself and quite a few of my friends are "vintage housekeepers"-we love all things vintage, retro, frilly, shabby, funky etc. We love our families and our homes and like the finer things in life, like fresh flowers, laughing children in the backyard garden and in the case of my friend Alison,violet cremes.

Here is a place for our male soulmates. The Chap is a satirical magazine for men in our world that appreciate the art of being a gentleman. In their mainfesto they decry the fast food restaurants that have replaced their pubs and call on men to revolt by asking the chain coffee shop for a pot of Lapsang souchong, a cup and saucer and some toast with Gentleman’s Relish.


The Gift Shoppe has assorted things for the chap in your life, from books to monocles and cufflinks.

The entire philosophy can be summed up by Kevin Spacey: "I find it sad that by not talking about who I sleep with, that makes me mysterious. There was a time when I would have been called a gentleman.”

posted by Keriann at 7/12/2006 02:34:00 PM comment(s) made: 1

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------