Home with Holly



7.08.2006

J is for Jessica

These last few weeks have been trying, to say the least, as Casa Holly. I'm not going to dwell on the sad and upsetting, I want to talk about a wonderful woman named Jessica.

Ms Robyn,a lovely woman herself, organized a tea swap for anyone that wanted to just spread a little sunshine this summer. Luckily for me, she gave my name to Jessica. For anyone that doubts karma, fate or God's hand in our daily lives, on the exact day I so desperately needed that sunlight, I received that package from Jessica. She went so far above and beyond that I literally cried as I opened each carefully wrapped gift in the box.

Since I only have my camera phone now and that won't upload for some reason today, I'll have to just describe the goodies she sent me. A too adorable apron that looks scrumptious in my kitchen lying carefully "tossed" on the counter. A starched and scented linen napkin along with a silver tea ball-a tea wallet to carry with me and hold my tea bags so I'll never have to suffer in silence at Mimi's again with their imitation "tea". She also sent (knowing that sending chocolate to Florida in June is pure folly) vintage candies in a small mason jar-which Jason immediately spied and gobbled down before I could get even ONE! And the most precious to me, a handwritten card, full of friendliness and cheer, which is what I need so much now.

Jessica, your card and the caring you showed towards me, someone you've never met, means so much more than you can even imagine right now. The fact that you took the time to look at my Amazon wish list and order the exact book that I NEED right now speaks volumes about the fabulous woman you are.

I hope we grow into a long lasting friendship.

posted by Keriann at 7/08/2006 03:41:00 PM comment(s) made: 2

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------