Home with Holly



5.21.2006

I'm picking up Good Vibrations



You may now call me "New Car Girl". Kissing my ring is not necessary.

So, here's where we were at. A 99 Grand Caravan with 150k miles on it that we bought new in 1998. A 95 Mitsubishi with unknown gazillions of miles on it with no air and 4 windows that don't roll down (that's John's car, he likes saunas). I just put 700 plus dollars into new brakes on the van and the starter began to act up.

Soo, maybe it's time to bite the bullet and get a new car. We cleaned out the van but didn't pretty it up too much, if they took it great, if not we'd get the starter fixed and go another year without car payments. I really did want something smaller though, we bought the van when PMS (Patrick Matthew and Shelby) were much smaller and we needed the room. Now most of the time Jason is the only one in the car with us and I wanted better gas mileage when our gas is now $2.67 a gallon.

I wanted a Vibe. My mil bought a Toyota Matrix a couple weeks ago and I felt that was the perfect car for me-the Vibe is the exact same car, just made in California instead of Ontario (not that it mattered to me, Pontiac just had better rebates). We cranked the van 3 times before it turned over and headed to the dealership to spend 4 hours there. I have no idea why it took so long, we were preapproved for the financing, they knew what we wanted and where we wanted to be with payments, but I dunno, I think they thought if we waited long enough we'd figure out we really wanted that Hummer to tow the Vibe for us.

We handed the keys over and began moving carseat, Toy Story 2 book, Laurie Berkner CD's and my Disney World antenna topper over to the new car when the salesman starts the van FOR THE FIRST TIME. Who determines what the trade value is without even driving the car? Of course it wouldn't even turn over. John began cracking up (the first time he'd smiled all day) and said "It's theirs now. Sucka's!!" and drove off the lot in my new car.

Wonder where I can get some New Car Smell essential oil to keep my high going.

posted by Keriann at 5/21/2006 08:42:00 AM comment(s) made: 1

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------