Home with Holly



5.16.2006

For better or worse, in hot water and cold...



Tonight I had the first hot bath I've had in 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago yesterday we lost all our hot water. The water in our house is so cold it takes your breath away. Taking a shower burns more calories than a Precor, with the dancing around trying to evade the errant frigid droplet that surprises you in a very personal area. I'm a water freak, every day I (back when we actually had hot water) shower in the morning and take a long hot bubble bath every night. Now I'm hopping around in my shower with tears in my eyes and cursing the plumbing gods.

I miss my steamy bathroom mirror. I miss my makeup melting off before I leave for work because the warm humidity from THG's shower hasn't evaporated early enough. I miss the scent of my cinnamon and fig bubble bath or my ginger lily shower gel wafting through my bedroom. Now it's a quick sudsing with Dial and get the hell out of there.

There's been lots of back and forth on this plumbing issue, very long boring story ending in the words "slab leak", "500 dollars for 4 hours" and "we can't get there til Thursday at the earliest". After I broke down last night and shrieked at THG that SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE was going to get me some hot water if I had to sell my soul for it, he has figured a complicated system of shutting off this valve and opening that blowhole to get me about 3/4 of a tub of scalding water.

I'm so loving my burnt pink skin and fig smelling toes right now.

posted by Keriann at 5/16/2006 06:33:00 PM comment(s) made: 4

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------