Home with Holly



5.15.2006

Mother's Day redux





So, today I have a nice surprise. CB1 calls and asks if I'm off today, which I am. The plumbers have just left my house after telling me to wait an hour and see if I have hot water yet (we haven't had any for 2 weeks) so I'm just puttering around, catching up on laundry and making a menu for the week.

CB1 comes over and asks me to lunch. He couldn't spend yesterday with me since he works in a restaurant and was obligated to serve everyone else's mother but his own. I wasn't upset by that, it's to be expected. However today was such a nice day-we laughed all the way to Castillo de Mexico, mostly at the choices that PB has on her Ipod ( Hootie and the Blowfish?) and then stuffed ourselves with chips and salsa, enchiladas and rice and beans. Mmm mmm mm. Then CB1 takes me to Walmart to buy me a Confederate Jasmine and I'm gobsmacked. When did my goofy goth boy turn into a responsible young man flipping his debit card out to treat his mom to a Mother's Day surprise?

posted by Keriann at 5/15/2006 02:36:00 PM comment(s) made: 0

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------