Home with Holly



5.14.2006

Cave Baby Cuteness

So, it's Mother's Day today. Generally moms in my age group don't get a whole lot for Mother's Day-our children are too young to really do things for us and we spend our energy doing for our own moms. Today was fabulous though-

I'm reliving my youth by driving my father's Suzuki Sidekick sans the roof. We (CB2 and Cave Baby as well as myself) drove down to St Augustine to Barnacle Bills for an early lunch with my mom and PB. My dad is in Cali spending Mother's Day with his mother and THG has a cold, so we were just a couple of old women with our kids for the day. After lunch we walked St George St. and poked around in a couple of shops-couple being the key word since Cave Baby isn't the best shopper yet.

When we got back home (PB, Cave Baby and I) I went upstairs and caught up with Alison May at Brocante Home which took a few hours since I've sorely neglected my favorite blogs for a while. THG took Cave Baby to the store for "mommy stuff" while I was lazy. PB made my favorite comfort food, Hamburger Helper Potato Stroganoff while Cave Baby was well, Cave Baby.

Here's where the cuteness comes in. He's so grown now that I catch myself with a lump in my throat sometimes, wondering where in the world my lovely snuggly baby boy went. He wanted to write his name, so he brought me a pencil and an old Target receipt (where does he find this stuff?) and said "J-down and then a fish hook!" while making a squiggly J. Then he said "I'm a draw you a muvvers day cake mommy." When he presented me with the lines and circles on the page I told him how beautiful it was. He said (get ready for the welling up)

"it's because you is on it mommy"

buy the boy a car!

Later he paraded around on the bed, whistling through his toy trumpet and singing "happy muvvers day to you, happy muvvers day to you, happy muvvers day to mommy, happy muvvers day to you"

He sat down next to me with his Blues Clues button book, asking me what I thought Blue was making with her buttons. Every time I answered correctly he lit up and said "good job! Gimme a five!" holding his little hand up for me to slap.

How am I going to ever last when he actually does go off to big boy school??

posted by Keriann at 5/14/2006 10:03:00 PM comment(s) made: 0

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------