Home with Holly



12.20.2005

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

The sun is shining today for the first time since last week. Saturday we had a monsoon here and since the mall I work at is actually called a "lifestyle center", it's in a strip mall style. Soooo, we had NO traffic whatsoever. That was fine with me because I got a lot of stuff done that put us ahead of setting up our post Christmas sale.

Poor Cave Baby has some sort of jungle plague that's going around town. He has been sick since last Thursday with a productive cough, lethargy and an intermittent fever. This is day 5 and from what the ped said, it lasts about a week so hopefully he'll feel better soon. THG and I both have taken PTO days to stay home with him and hopefully he'll be back in preschool tomorrow or Thursday.

I finally figured out why I'm having such a difficult time getting all Christmasy and it hasn't really got anything to do with the fact that I'm working retail and have overloaded on Christmas carols already. I walked through the garden center at Target the other day to shortcut through and smelled all the live Christmas trees! The Fraser fir scent immediately made me almost giddy-and I realized that since we have a fake tree our house doesn't have that Christmas scent. I bought some candles and other things but nothing really comes close to real branches. Luckily Target has thriftily saved all the branches that they cut from their trees and are selling them to sorry homeowners like myself that don't want the mess of a real tree.

posted by Keriann at 12/20/2005 11:44:00 AM comment(s) made: 0

Read & Make Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------